Monday, February 12, 2007

Pandeglang Trip and Kitchen Tragedy

Last weekend Ams and I roamed around Pandeglang by motorcycle. Our route was Cilegon – Serang – Pandeglang – Pari – Menes – Jipit - Labuan – Carita – Anyer – Cilegon; something like 200 km. Can you imagine how exhausted we were?

Too tired, I almost collapsed in our kitchen afterward. That night, we were too worn out to go buying some food but too hungry not to eat. There’re only one potato, three eggs, and cabbage in the fridge and inspired by the food we ate at alun-alun Pandeglang, siomay, I decided to made “siomay minus siomay” :P. I thought it was simple, just boiled all those stuffs and made the sauce. Turn out it was not that effortless because I made the peanut sauce from scratch. The heat, the hunger, the despair made me so weak, I yelled, “Ams!! I cannot take it anymore. Go wait for this potato’s done by yourself, I need to lay down.” He was doing a schedule that must be delivered immediately but he hustled going to the kitchen because he wouldn’t mess up with a hungry srilas. O yeah, she’ll be as sensitive as girls on their PMS.

He he, I made the food voluntarily at first but as my clothes became wet from my sweat and seeing ams stayed cool while doing something with the computer (I doubt he was doing the schedule, but I was wrong :P), I thought, “hu hu hu it’s so unfair… this sacrifice is just too much.” So I yelled again, “Oh, I won’t even eat it!!”
I was so sleepy at the same time. It was no longer my eating hour, 10 PM, and usually at 10 PM I tend to ignore the hunger and try to sleep instead. But as he started eating I crept out of the bedroom and said, “May I eat one egg, please?” Here I tell you the fact: need only one egg to tame the hungry srilas hi95x.

About the trip itself… there’s a mountain that caught my interest. It’s just a small mountain, or maybe it’s just a hill, a big one. The forest on its side is pretty thick. There’s no sign of people track, even though at its base there’re some villages with beautiful terraced rice field. I hardly believe there’s such place in Java. People cut down all the trees typically.
Is it a conservation area then? Does the rhino live there? Oh no no, it’s not Ujung Kulon :P, or some tigers maybe? Or is it a sacred place… a place where some spirits live… Uuuuu, uuuu… the mist that covered its top made it even scarier.

We brought nothing from the trip, although there were lot of manggis displayed along the way, together with some durian, petai, banana and cempedak. Durian at Cilegon was disappearing but we still could find it in a large quantity at Pandeglang.

- cold day, the sound of my empty mind -

No comments: