Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Incubus on The South Pearl

Last weekend, ams and I went to Temanggung, Jogja and Bandung. I am not going to tell every detail of that trip here, I'll just tell the part while we moved on from Jogja to Bandung. We took a train called Mutiara Selatan (The South Pearl), business class :|. It was the end of a long weekend, other -better- train is fully booked :(. The South Pearl is a night train, departed from Jogja at 22.10.

Inside the train, it was like hell, everybody was smoking :((. Not everybody, but so many many MEN were smoking in the train. The root of the problem was a group of teenagers. There were so annoying. They played their 'kind of music' from a cellphone, loudly. You know how a cellphone speaker producing sound? Not good!!! And some of the song are hard-core kind. They also talked loudly, laughed loudly, and of course they smoked too.
That made everybody else on the train couldn't sleep. The women could do nothing but frown, but the men smoked to chase away the annoyance.

I am a woman, I frowned and I talked, almost yelled, to ams, "how can I sleep with all this smoke!!" Ams a man but he didn't dare to smoke, ha ha, not in front of a calm srilas or an angry srilas. He only could give a wry face, a wry smile. I started blaming ams for choosing this train and for having this plan, went to Bandung first before we went back to Cilegon. But that didn't solved the problem. All I could do was calming myself down.

To be honest, some of their music were familiar to me, some were my favorite. Like this song, Incubus' I Miss You. While they were playing that song, I even sang it along.... in my heart, :D. Sang it loudly would only encourage them >:P. Suddenly one of them asked with Sundanese language and thick Sundanese dialect, "lagu naon ieu?" ("what song is it?"). And there came the answer, "incubus... incubus..." Ha ha ha ha, I couldn't stop laughing. They spelled cu in incubus like choo in choose. Ams laughed too, he said, "they think they're the coolest people in the world, turn out they're only some ignorant ones."

Thanks to that laugh, I could sleep after that :).

No comments: